Stangen Disability Cover
Stangen Disability Cover will provide a single payout in full if you are totally and permanently unable to perform your insured occupation (and any similar occupation to which you are suited by skill, education and training) due to a disability through illness or injury.
Up to R10 million cover
Customize your cover to suit you and the needs of your loved ones.
Take care of your bills
Our products help cover your responsibilities while you focus on getting better.
No Waiting Period
Our Disability Cover has no waiting period allowing you to get the cover you need when you need it.
No Medical Exams
We strive to provide quality products that put our clients first and save them time; there are no medical exams required to qualify for Disability Cover. Note that pre-existing conditions are not covered.
What can my Disability Cover be used for?
It’s your choice how you spend the money. You can use it to:
- Settle family debts or other outstanding money that you owe.
- Pay for medical bills, school fees and more.
- Adjust your lifestyle to accommodate the disability.
- Provide an investment income for recurring expenses such as medical expenses or living costs.
What does my Disability Cover not cover?
- If you are injured while actively participating in war, civil commotion, insurrection, riot, usurpation of power, terrorism or acts of terrorism.
- If you are disabled because of an intentional or grossly negligent self-inflicted injury.
- If you fail to follow reasonable medical advice to prevent, minimise or repair the disability.
- If you are disabled due to excessive consumption of alcohol, intentional inhalation of fumes or intentional or negligent consumption of: poisons, drugs, narcotics or medication (unless prescribed by an independent medical practitioner and used as prescribed).
- Certain specific exclusions (which will be very clearly communicated during the process of buying a policy) based on your health or your lifestyle.
How much Disability Cover can I buy?
Depending on your income, you can qualify for Disability Cover of between R100 000 and R10 million.
When does my Disability Cover expire?
Disability Cover expires when you turn 65, retire or die, whichever occurs first.