Terms and Conditions
The Standard General Insurance Company Limited (‘Stangen’), is an authorised long-term insurer licensed in terms of the Long-Term Insurance Act, 1998. Registration Number 1948/029011/06 (Authorised FSP: No 47235).
Stangen distributes insurance products through a contact centre as well as a fully transactional online platform. Accordingly, subscription for an insurance policy is done by way of either a voice recording (telephonic conversation) or online application (‘Application’). By subscribing for a Stangen policy (‘Policy’), you agree to be bound by Stangen’s Terms and Conditions. Once your Application has been submitted to Stangen, Stangen will evaluate your Application and verify the information provided, where possible, to ensure that the details, including banking details for processing debit order deductions for payment, are correct and pertain to you as an applicant. You will have the opportunity to review the Application and correct any mistakes on your Application. Once Stangen has received the Application and processed the subscription for the Policy, you can cancel the Policy at any time by sending an email to: email@example.com. On cancellation of the Policy, no further payments will be collected but you, the policyholder, will continue enjoying cover beyond cancellation notification date where payment has already been made by you for the period.
The Premiums, as specified in your policy documentation, will be collected by Stangen in respect of the Policy. You agree that you will pay the Premium, on the specified date(s), and authorise Stangen to debit your bank account on a monthly basis, using the bank account information provided in your Application, for the payment of the Premium. Premiums will be payable monthly in advance from the date of inception of the Policy and the monthly obligation to pay the Premium shall endure for as long as your Policy remains in force and effect.
Waiver and indemnity
In the event that you suffer loss or damage of any nature due to Stangen acting on your orders or communications, or orders or communications that purportedly emanate from you, you waive any right to take action against Stangen. Furthermore, you indemnify Stangen against all and any claims, liabilities, losses, costs, fines, damages and expenses arising because Stangen acted on your instructions or orders which purportedly emanate from you.
All models depicted in our advertising have no material relationship to any brand or person mentioned in our advertising.
Conclusion of the transaction
In the event that Stangen accepts your Application, Stangen will notify you of acceptance of the Policy, and the terms thereof. You agree that the transaction between yourself and Stangen will be deemed to be concluded at the place and time at which Stangen confirms its decision and communicates this to you at the end of the sales process.
Electronic communication and records
When you use Stangen’s Insurance Calculator, you accept that we can communicate with you telephonically and/or electronically. All records that you share with us may be stored electronically.
- Stangen is an authorised financial services provider, licensed by the FSCA (Financial Sector Conduct Authority) to supply long-term insurance products, categories A, B1 and B1A.
- FSP Number: 47235.
- Company registration number: 1948/029011/06.
- Physical Address: Building A, Bryanston Corner, 18 Ealing Crescent, Bryanston, Johannesburg, 2021
- Postal Address: Private Bag X31, Northlands, 2116.
- Website: https://www.stangenlife.co.za
- Tel: (010) 020 7600.
- If you are not satisfied with any aspects of your policy or services provided by Stangen, please allow us the opportunity to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. For us to give your concerns the attention they deserve and ensure a quick response please contact us on: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Compliance Officer: Gary Currin of Moonstone Compliance (Pty) Ltd, email: email@example.com. The Compliance Officer deals with issues relating to Stangen’s compliance with the Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act, 37 of 2002 (FAIS Act).
- If you feel that Stangen has contravened the provisions of the FAIS Act, and/or has rendered financial services in a manner that may affect you adversely, please contact the Compliance Officer at the contact details listed above.
- Product Supplier: The Standard General Insurance Company Limited (‘Stangen’), a registered long-term insurer.
- Our consultants who do not meet the full Fit and Proper Requirements as defined by FAIS render services under management supervision.
- Stangen has professional indemnity insurance.
- Stangen has and maintains an Anti-Money Laundering Policy in accordance with the FAIS Act.